Tuesday, June 2 2015
Be part of the 2015 global Vigil for World Invocation Day by using the Great Invocation, on the quarter hour, at times of your choosing on Tuesday June 2.
World Invocation Day
On World Invocation Day groups and individuals around the planet unite in prayer and meditation to invoke energies of Light, Love and Spiritual Will, using the Great Invocation. World Invocation Day has been observed annually since 1952.
The intention to express human unity is growing daily within the hearts of people everywhere. In the birthing of a just, interdependent global society we need, above all, more light, love and spiritual will. On June 2 people of all faiths and spiritual backgrounds will invoke these higher energies by using a world prayer, the Great Invocation.
Using the Great Invocation every 15 minutes
On June 2, in all time zones, you are invited to hold an alignment with lighted energies for periods of 15 minutes - using the Great Invocation at the beginning and end of each 15 minutes. You can register on line for as many 15 minute periods as you wish. So, for the one hour period 9:00 - 10:00 AM, for example, you will use the Great Invocation at: 9:00; 9:15; 9:30; 9:45; 10:00 AM.
The Mindfulness Clock on Your Computer Will Help You Keep the 15 Minute Rhythm
Folks from the Washington Mindfulness Community offer a wonderful app to download on your computer. The Mindfulness Clock can be set to sound a chime every 15 minutes, so as you are continuing with your work on Friday,June 13, you can quietly pause and use the Great Invocation every 15 minutes throughout the day. Imagine the pulse of invocation generated by thousands of people using the Great Invocation on this rhythm.
Download the Mindfulness Clock for PCs here. For Mac users download the ProdMe Dashboard Widget.
One Initiative Among Many
The World Invocation Day Vigil was first held in New Zealand in 2000, and since 2003 it has been observed globally, attracting participants from most continents of the world. It is one initative among many for organised, concentrated use of the Great Invocation by groups and individuals on World Invocation Day.
Registering means that you make a conscious, planned comitment to take part in the Vigil at specific times of your choosing. By registering you let others who will be meditating at the same time know that you are linking with them.
How to participate:
1. Choose the times you will take part in the Vigil. You can organise a gathering in your community so that a group can meditate and use the Great Invocation every 15 minutes or you can take part in the Vigil as an individual.
2. Register your participation as an individual or a group here. The times shown on the Sign Up form are in your own time zone. Choose any times during the 47 hour period on Tuesday or Wednesday June 2 and 3. Choose as many times as you wish. See here for full instructions on registration and in case you have any technical difficulties.
3. Begin precisely on the quarter hour by using the Great Invocation.
4. Link in thought with the others who are linking at the same precise time as you and then with everyone in the world who will be using the Great Invocation on this special day.
5. Reflect on humanity's need for light, love and spiritual purpose.
6. Visualise the lighted, loving energies that can create the mental and emotional understanding and atmosphere within which right relations can flourish in ourselves, our communities, our nations, and our world
7. Use the Great Invocation precisely on the quarter hour. As you do this think of the rhythmic pulse of invocation flooding the mental environment of the planet.